Thursday 25 December 2014

Merry Christmas!!!!

Hope you are all having a very Merry Christmas!

I wanted to share with you a beautiful present that I have received from my bestest friend.

A few years ago I taught her and another friend to knit.  Quite funny as at the time although I knew how to knit I didn't do so very often.  This was a great starting point for not only my friends as they learnt a new skill, but for me too as it ignited my love of knitting and I've not stopped since!

Two days ago I received the most brilliant present from my friend Lucie. 

 
She has knitted me the most wonderful cream cowl.  I honesty felt like crying!  It felt so good to know that I'd taught her AND she is so good at it!  It is one of those proud moments that I can't express in words.  I just want to say Lucie - thank you so much for being one of the best friends a girl could have.  I miss you loads and wish you weren't so far away.  xxx



Our tree last night when all was quiet (and there probably were some mice being noisy with their hobnail boots in our attic!)

And this is a waistcoat that I was asked to make for a lady that works down the road from The Emporium.  I wanted a record of what it was like before I gave it to her. 

 
Excuse the "model"!

 
She loved it!  Put it on straight away and was gushing over the colours and how her mum would want one.  I got numerous hugs and thank you's!  It is nice to have a happy customer!

That's it for now.  Hope you have a very Merry Christmas and if I don't write before a very Happy and Loving New Year!

*   *   *

2 comments:

  1. Happy Christmas �� to you Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Christmas to you too! Looking forward to seeing all your new projects in 2015! Wishing you every happiness and a fun fibre-filled new year!

    ReplyDelete